NetScreen Navigation Bar
|Product at a glance||[ Top ]|
- Windows 95, 98, NT VPN client.
- Secure remote access.
- IPSec compatible.
|Product overview||[ Top ]|
|NetScreen-Remote 2.0 is a software package that runs on a user’s host computer (desktop or laptop) and is used to facilitate secure remote access to networks, devices, or other hosts located across a public or untrusted network. Security is achieved by using the IPSec protocol, with Certificates as an additional option. In order to form a secure communications channel, this software must be used in conjunction with an IPSec gateway, like the NetScreen family of Security Appliances, or another host running IPSec compatible software, like NetScreen-Remote 2.0. NetScreen-Remote 2.0 is designed for desktop and/or laptop computers connected to an IP network by either an Ethernet-LAN or remote access Dial-Up via modem. NetScreen-Remote 2.0 represents a substantially different implementation architecture than previous NetScreen Remote products. Increased compatibility, ease of installation and use, in addition to a host of new VPN capabilities are among the important features of this NetScreen product release. A robust conversion mechanism also exists to ease users in updating configuration settings from previous NetScreen Remote products. According to InternetWeek, Sept. 13th, 1999, Remote Access is the number one VPN application. NetScreen’s-Remote 2.0 client is well positioned to address customer needs in this rapidly growing market.|
|Key product features||[ Top ]|
- Fully IPSec compliant VPNs including
– Algorithms: DES, 3-DES, MD-5, and SHA-1
– IKE (Main, Quick and Aggressive* modes)
– Tunnel and Transport* Modes
– Authentication Extensions (X-Auth)*
– ICSA Certified
– Separate Certificate Manager and utility
– X.509 v3 digital certificates and request generation tools
– Retrieves CA Public Key
- Powerful GUI allow users to build multiple layers of service-based policies
- Importing/Exporting of locked configuration files for easy deployment
- Compatible with PC Windows communications devices such as LAN adapters, modems, PC cards
- Operates as a Window’s system service
- Seamless Windows 95/98/NT client access to NT Domains via VPN Tunnel
- Supports DHCP
- Complete policy enabling and disabling
- Logging/diagnostic log
- Complete and transparent ease of use
- Upgrade tool automatically converts and imports current settings
|Applications||[ Top ]|
- “Road Warrior” - Secure Remote Access to Corp Network
The laptop toting "Road Warrior" can securely communicate back to the corporate network. NT Domain login, Intranet site browsing, FTP, Email, file browsing, even printing all transmit encrypted over public Internet lines. The user simply loads the software and imports the pre-created, locked configuration file given to them by their MIS staff. Once on the road, they dial-in to the local ISP POP, and any traffic bound for the cor-porate network is automatically encrypted and sent to the NetScreen Appliance acting as the Security Gateway. It’s just that easy!
- Home/Remote-Office User - Secure Remote Access Intranet
The 3 users in the remote sales office… the Contractor… the Employee at home with a sick child… The Executive at 1 a.m… all gaining secure, encrypted access to the corporate network via a local ISP dial-up, DSL, Cable Modem, or ISDN connection.
- Extranet User Access
Simply create policy sets, export a locked copy of them, and place them on a diskette. Extranet users then install the NetScreen-Remote 2.0 software on their computer, regardless of the Internet connection mechanism. Once they import the configuration, a two-click process, they are ready to access your site securely. That’s all it takes!
- Secure Remote Management/Monitoring
Your "Trusted" network is no longer as trusted as it once was. So managing your NetScreen Security Appliance over the company network must occur on an encrypted transmission. Or you may need to check an alarm from home or change a NetScreen Security Appliance’s policy while on the road. Either way NetScreen-Remote ensures that your management session is not visible by any other parties, even when you are on the "Untrusted" side of the world.
- Client-to-client Encryption
NetScreen-Remote 2.0 can also be used to secure communication between two end hosts. As long as both hosts have the NetScreen-Remote 2.0 installed, they can be configured to encrypt traffic between them.