WINDOWS 95/98 Settings
The settings below will need to be entered after your DSL line has been activated.
Keep in mind that the following screen shot should only be used as a reference. You may need to access several tabs to see all the fields shown below.
To access the settings area:
- Go to Start / Settings / Control Panel.
- Click on the Network Icon.
- You will probably see several items listed on the Configuration Screen. Highlight the one that says TCP/IP followed by network card info. DO NOT use the one that might say TCP/IP Dial Up Adaptor
- After it is highlighted, click on PROPERTIES
- On the IP ADDRESS tab, choose SPECIFY AN IP ADDRESS and use the IP Address and SUBNET Mask shown below. (you will put your own number's where the X's are… contact SAMnet if you are unsure of this number)
- On the GATEWAY tab, enter the value shown below for DEFAULT GATEWAY and then hit ADD.
- On the DNS Configuration tab, Choose ENABLE DNS and then enter the PRIMARY DNS number shown below and hit ADD. Enter the SECONDARY DNS number and hit ADD again. Leave the other fields blank.
After you have done these steps, click the OK button. You will need to reboot your computer.
Please have your DSL Modem installed properly before you reboot. You should see green lights on your modem.
You may also need to RECONFIGURE EMAIL to send messages out. If so, Click Here for Instructions.
Click here for information on a possible acceleration method for your DSL access.